By this point in your life, you’ve probably rented a number of vacation properties. Let’s be honest sometimes they are more trouble than they are worth. Sure, we are real estate agents. Our job is to sell you real estate, but it’s not just about the dollars and cents; it really makes much more sense. Keep reading and we’ll convince you too.
- Who decorates some of those places? Vacation is about being comfortable and relaxing not trying to figure out what the hell they were thinking, but really…what were they thinking.
- Shit happens. With all these AirBnB and VRBO rentals out there you never can tell if you are going to be able to find someone to fix the plumbing at 11:30 p.m. during a snowstorm in the middle of Sundance.
- Ever walked in and wondered if you were in the right place? A picture speaks a thousand words, but sometimes they are the wrong words. Sometimes they are actual lies.
- It’s 2016, the dishwasher shouldn’t resemble the color of avocado and your TV shouldn’t resemble a box, but these things exist. They don’t often work well.
- If you own a second home you can rent it out. Word to the wise – hire a property manager.
- In your own property you get to select the mattress and the sheets (and the decor and electronics).
- You know what you are getting. If it sucks it’s your fault.
- The Owner’s Closet. Even if you do rent your property out you can leave your toys in Park City. Just imagine the prospect of never having to pack and check your skis at the airport again! You also wouldn’t have to load them into the shuttle. You wouldn’t have to unpack them (all the while hoping they didn’t break in transit). You could leave them in your own garage! (Seriously, you’re not going to need them in Florida anyway. Leave them in Utah where they belong.)
- An extra excuse and incredibly valid reason to make sure you vacation in Park City multiple times a year.
- Your home will never be booked during Sundance and Christmas rate (unless you choose to book during Sundance and Christmas).
And, of course, you get to work with us. Convinced yet? We are. Let’s take a look at inventory. We can laugh at the terrible decor of your vacation rental together before we show you your new home.